Epiphany offers many opportunities to serve, both internally (to our congregation) and externally (in our community, our nation, and our world.) Here are just a few examples.
- Music Ministry provides all singing and accompaniment for our worship services.
- Altar Guild makes sure that all is clean, ready and set up for Sundays.
- Lay Readers/Chalice Bearers assist with the Sunday readings and serving Communion.
- Greeters/Ushers welcome everyone to church and offer any necessary assistance.
- Lay Eucharistic Ministers take Communion to the home-bound.
- Green Thumb cares for the plants and flowers that adorn our sanctuary.
- Hospitality takes care of all receptions, suppers and fellowship events.
- Church Family Helpers provide meals and transportation for church members in need.
- Sunshine Ministry sends greeting cards on birthdays and anniversaries and stays in touch with those who are gone for awhile.
- Prayer Chain is an active network of men and women who intercede regularly for whatever need is brought before them.
- Prayer Ministry is privately available to anyone following each of our services.
- Prayer List is published weekly for use by all our parishioners.
- No less than 5% of our annual budget is spent on evangelism, outreach and mission activities.
- Public Relations keeps Epiphany in the forefront of community events.
- Anglicans for Life works to support all pro-life ministries in the area.
- Celebration of Children ensures that several dozen children in foster homes have a great Christmas.
- Debbie’s Doorstep is a mission to short-term homeless mothers and children.
- Eustis Heights is our mentoring and outreach mission to a local elementary school
Other Church Ministry Events and Initiatives
Vacation Bible School
Each summer Vacation Bible School attracts 30 to 40 children from ages 4 to 10. They meet for one week from 9 a.m. until noon each day, hearing Bible stories, learning songs, playing games, and enjoying snacks. Watch for details for VBS 2018!
Each August we hold a Back-to-School Bash for 300+ students and families from Eustis Heights Elementary School, grades K thru 5. Parishioner donations and church funds pay for back packs, writing paper, crayons, pencils, pens and notebooks. We provide each family member with a hot dog lunch, and the Evangelism Team shares the Gospel with attendees.
Eustis Heights Elementary School has a food bank for its families and students. We collect food items in the Fellowship Hall, and the school distributes our donated food to school families in need.
We gather food donations and provide Thanksgiving Dinner for approximately 55 families who attend Eustis Heights Elementary School, including canned hams purchased from cash donations.
Christmas Gifts for Children In Need
An Angel tree will be put out around Thanksgiving stating the age and gift requests for needy children within our community. Wrapped gifts are to be returned two weeks prior to Christmas.
Trunk or Treat
Each October, our Trunk or Treat activity in the church parking lot reaches 350 people. Church families decorate trunks of their cars, fill them with candy, and give the candy to children.
Ferran Park Worship Services
On the weekends of George Fest and Easter, Epiphany holds a worship service in Ferran Park in downtown Eustis. Services are attended by 200+ members of the community.
Our Evangelism Trust supports scholarship funds for Trinity School for Ministry and a Hoop Basketball student.
Each year, the Life's Choices ministry provides baby bottles to be filled with coins by church members, from Mother's Day until Father's Day. Funds are donated back to Life's Choices.
Mission to the World (MTW)
MTW serves the Cherokee tribe through word and deed ministry. Backyard Bible clubs, vacation Bible schools, sports/day camps, community visitation and senior citizen centers are among the many avenues through which teams can minister. Teams may also choose to be involved in relational evangelism through repair of homes and buildings. Each month our evangelism team sends $300 to support this ministry.